Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunday @ Sheri's






While Neil was busy working at Jason and Kim's I went up to visit Sheri. She only lives 45 minutes away. We had a great time. I miss the times we used to spent with one another when I worked for Claire's. That was one of the best perks of the job. I don't get to she her and her family very often now. We were talking and figured out that I had not been to their house since February of 2009. Way to long. We have got to make a point of seeing each more often.

When I got there Sheri gave me a tour of her back yard. Mom, Terry and her had pulled out a lot of weeds, blackberry bushes, ivy and added some new planters, flowers, a board walkway,

solar light and a privacy fence. It is turning out really nice. We sat at her table under the umbrella with a new breeze and talked about her time with mom while she was there. We talked about out memories of Dad and Wendy and how much we miss them and the special times we had with them. Got a tour of the house. They got some new carpet, Sheri redecorated Donovan's old room. It turned out really nice. Terry got an aquarium for Father's Day from Donovan and Sheri was pointing out the frogs and the names she had given them. We took a walk across the street to the Mexican restuarant and had some chips, salsa and a chicken tostada. It was really tasty (yum-yum). We sat there for a while sharing all kinds of memories and really enjoying one another's company. Went back to the house and went through some gardening magazines and pool accessory catalogs. Sheri wants to get some solar panels so she can have her pool heated and use it more often. It is hot at my house during the summer, so my pool stays warm all summer. Sheri tried to get a hold of Katie when I got there but there was no answer. I was getting ready to leave and guess who drives up? KATIE :) I was so glad to be able to see her and give her a hug. She was having a hectic day and needed a break. She unloaded what was going on, then she was on her way to her Auntie Devon's in Roseburg. I left at the same time. I really enjoyed my drive. Everything is beautiful. Lots of green meadows, green trees, wild flowers blooming everywhere. Saw a buck running across a meadow then stopping and eating, some fawns on the side of the road.


Got back to Jason and Kim's at 5pm. The Neil and Kim were in the living room watching Bailey play. Jason was at his dad's dumping the dirt they had dug up for the pathway(3inches deep,

4 feet wide and 15 long approx). There was a lot of dirt. When he got back the guys unloaded the extra sand behind the fence in their backyard. Neil took a shower and then we took off for home.

Stopped at Josh's and left him his new phone we had got him on Saturday and a tool box that

was in Jason's and Kim's new truck that they did not want. I drove all the way home. We got home around 10:30pm. It was a 107 degrees in Redding so I am pretty sure it was close to that at our house. Our house was hot, hot, hot. We turned on the A/C full blast to cool it down quick.

It was comfortable by the time we went to bed. It was a very nice day. A very long day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment