Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday 7/5 Was A Very Busy & Long Day

Neil let me sleep until 8am. It is going to be a very long day. Originally I was suppose to have the day off, but we have a floorset to do that requires alot of hours and people to get it done. So everyone on staff is going to have to work. I was scheduled to work from 5pm to 1:30am with the possibility of working until 3:30am. So I was not looking forward being up all those hours. Got the day started. Neil gave me a teasing hard time about wasting daylight. He was up and working on cleaning out the garage. Oh my gosh I was in shock. Neil never cleans the garage. I am the one who usually puts everything away. Neil likes to just put everything in the middle and let it pile up. I stopped cleaning it up and wondering when he would decide it needed to be done. I got up and everything was out of the garage and in the driveway. He was going through and deciding if we have not used it in the past 20 years it is time to go. Yeah!!!! I helped him fill up the back of his work truck and our truck. We ended up on my way to work, stopping at his work place and emptying everything into the dumpsters. So long!!! The garage is now neat and organized.



While he was cleaning the garage I worked on cleaning the pool, watering, doing laundry, pulling weeds, picking the plums and apricots off the fruit trees, fixing breakfast(more like brunch) and sweeping and rearranging the patio furniture. I was hot and sweaty the pool looked very inviting. So after Neil finished we took a nice cool dip into the pool. AAHHHH so refreshing.



After swimming ,it was time to get ready for work. I had to go in early. Needed to drop all of the trash from the garage and then go to work, get the keys to our off site storage unit and pick up props for our floorset. After getting the props back to work I was ready for another dip in the pool. It was 101 degrees. Thank goodness there was a nice breeze. Ended up working from 4pm to 3:30am, got home at 4:10am. Believe it or not I was not tired. I ended up staying up until Neil got up. We had a nice little chat about our days and then finally off to bed. After 2 hours of sleeping, what do I do ?I wake up. Why? Noise? Sun in the window? Body alarm saying time to get up? So now I am up and starting my day. Another busy one ahead , cleaning house and maybe taking a nap sometime during the day. It feels like it is going to be another long day.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a looonnng day! You guys got a LOT done! I just love when we can get so much done. Doesn't it just feel 'oh-so-good'? I like to keep going out to look at the finished work over and over again. Such a satisfying feeling. And the purging! As I get older putting it in the dumpster or trash can makes me feel great!

    Loving your posts...

    ReplyDelete